Beginning a New Year
Here are a few ideas to keep in mind as you're getting started ...
- Make sure you've submitted your updated Officer and Chair Contact Form to Massachusetts PTA OR updated your information in OMDR.
- Thank the outgoing president, talk about your PTA unit, and ask his or her recommendations.
- Finalize committee chair appointments.
- Meet with executive board members to discuss planning for the year and to set goals and establish priorities for your unit.
- Plan to attend training and leadership development events available from both state and national PTAs to all unit leaders, and to represent your local unit at state PTA events.
- Keep a binder or folder that contains bylaws, standing rules, the latest audit, minutes from last year's board and membership meetings, and last year's plan of work and budget. Consult the PTA Presidents Quick-Reference Guidethat was mailed to all local unit presidents in the spring. If you do not have it, ask last year's president to pass on his or her copy.